Icon Install Location

Hola~

I'm a Maya developer trying to make the jump over to Houdini. I've got a plugin that builds several OP's. I update the HOUDINI_DSO_PATH to find our studio's install location for the plugin, which works great. What variable do I update to tell Houdini where to find icons? I paged thru the wiki and couldn't find it.

If I put my icon in ~/houdini9.0/config/Icons, Houdini finds it. So, I know I've named the icon correctly. However, I need the icon to be found on an nfs mount alongside the dso.

What's the magic env var for telling Houdini where to find icons?

MO

Hola~

I'm a Maya developer trying to make the jump over to Houdini. I've got a plugin that builds several OP's. I update the HOUDINI_DSO_PATH to find our studio's install location for the plugin, which works great. What variable do I update to tell Houdini where to find icons? I paged thru the wiki and couldn't find it.

If I put my icon in ~/houdini9.0/config/Icons, Houdini finds it. So, I know I've named the icon correctly. However, I need the icon to be found on an nfs mount alongside the dso.

There are a bunch of path varialbes -- I see that you've found HOUDINI_DSO_PATH.

There's also HOUDINI_PATH. If you change this variable, a lot of the other variables will change with it.

If you run:

% hconfig -ap | more

There's an explanation of the path special characters and what the values (and all directories scanned) are for each of the path variables that Houdini uses.

So, you might just want to adjust HOUDINI_PATH to include the NFS mount, then the DSO path and the icons and whatever else can just be put in the NFS mount without having to set the individual paths.

Hope this helps.