Emit Particles From Texture

nosferatu_037

Hi guys,

Can you please help me create a simple scene in which particles will emit only from the texture?

I tried the approach with adding point sop to my geometry and adding color with expression "pic("path_to_image",$MAPU,$MAPV,D_CVAL)"

and grouping the points and emitting only from that group,and it works.

But the problem with this approach is that my picture is as detailed as my mesh is subdivided.And I don't want to end up with a high resolution mesh only to be able to emit particles from texture.

Is there a different approach?

I would like to be able to create a nurbs/poly grid,assign a texture and make particles emit only by reading texture information value,r,g,b,luminance for every point on surface like in maya?

Thanx

Hey there, this is one of those things that many of us seemed to get snagged on when starting out.

If you use that pic expression in the birth probability fields in the source pop and set birth type to surface you should be good to go.

This is the post where I learned this. :)

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...rth+probability

Something to note though is that the pic expression works with paths to COPs. If you want to read a texture on disc use the tex expression.