Help:texturing Problem

Chrike

wohoo that actually worked! thank you Photex :lol:

Hey could you explain why?

What exactly did the shadinglayer VOP do?

When you have UV values they are stored as attributes just like everything else, but you have to use the shading layer parameter vop in order to access them. The globals 's' and 't' would at first seem to be whatever the UV value is for that shading point, but they are actually something else (are they barycentric coordinates??). If you were shading a NURBs surface, then 's' and 't' would work more like you'd expect.

So anyway, if you don't wire the shading layer parameter vop to a texture vops s and t plugs you'll by default use the global s and t variables instead of the UV coordinates.

Somebody bail me out here! :)

When you have UV values they are stored as attributes just like everything else, but you have to use the shading layer parameter vop in order to access them. The globals 's' and 't' would at first seem to be whatever the UV value is for that shading point, but they are actually something else (are they barycentric coordinates??). If you were shading a NURBs surface, then 's' and 't' would work more like you'd expect.

So anyway, if you don't wire the shading layer parameter vop to a texture vops s and t plugs you'll by default use the global s and t variables instead of the UV coordinates.

Somebody bail me out here! :)

hehe thanks a lot man :)

though i have to admit that I didn