Chops : Exporting Channels To Groups

Vinz9

Hello,

Can't seem to find a way to do this :

I have a dynamic simulation, imported in chop with a dynamic chop and reworked there with some fun time remapping stuff.

Now how do I export this back to the original objects ?

My problem is that I have a fractured object in the sim, so my original object is just one object with groups.

So the long way would be for each piece, import it in a separate geometry object and export the corresponding tweaked channel to this geo. However I have 100+ pieces in my fractured object...

Tried with a geometry chop too, but since it works with points, it's really really heavy and not manageable.

In fact I'd like something like the dop import, but instead of taking the data from a dop network, take it from a chop network.

I've tried something with an object merge -> transform node -> copy, with

chop("/chopnet/object`stamp("../copy1", "cn", 0)`:tx") in the transform node and so on, but this syntax doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Vincent

Edited by Vinz9

I was wondering, maybe the dop import could work here,

but dont fetch the geometry from the DOP/CHOP, just fetch the transformation's from the dop net, and then u plug the group that u wish to transfer the data onto into the dop import SOP.

ie LowRes01, LowRes02, LowRes03, LowRes04

then u can transfer that onto the

HiRes01, HiRes02, HiRes03, HiRes04

ive used this directly from dops, but im not sure if it would work with a chop's.

post a small version of ur scene if this doesnt work, to get a clearer view of what ur problem is.

Hi,

Thanks for the answers, aracid, just fetching the transforms is what I wanted to do, and I got it to work, I found the correct syntax for my copy stamping thing.

it was

chop("/chopnet/object"+ stamp("../copy1", "cn", 0)+":tx")

instead of

chop("/chopnet/object`stamp("../copy1", "cn", 0)`:tx")