DOP smoke

few_a_fx

I'm working with dops smoke and I'm trying to figure out a way I can make it slow fade out. I wrote an expression on the merge so it stops emitting the smoke from the rbd object. I'm trying to do this through the shader does anyone have any suggestions. Also is there a way I can have the fluid die out before it reaches the top of the bounding box, I don't want the bounding box to get full.

thanks

I'm working with dops smoke and I'm trying to figure out a way I can make it slow fade out. I wrote an expression on the merge so it stops emitting the smoke from the rbd object. I'm trying to do this through the shader does anyone have any suggestions. Also is there a way I can have the fluid die out before it reaches the top of the bounding box, I don't want the bounding box to get full.

thanks

This hip file I'm attaching shows you a possible way of doing so. What I did was to subtract the density field from a smaller less dense version of itself. This is similar to the way the fire system works, I think. I remember exploring the smoke solver and this is what I remember.

HTHs!

GW

volumeFadeOut.hip

This hip file I'm attaching shows you a possible way of doing so. What I did was to subtract the density field from a smaller less dense version of itself. This is similar to the way the fire system works, I think. I remember exploring the smoke solver and this is what I remember.

HTHs!

GW

Hey Man,

Thanks for helping out. Your idea worked great, I had to adjust it a little but it did exactly what I needed it to do.

Thanks