Vertex Paint for Houdini?

bdunaway

You can easily paint into any "point" attribute using the paint sop.

First create the attribute you want to use to drive the blend as a single float value using attribcreate sop.

Then add a paint sop and turn on override Cd and change the parameter there to match your blend float attribute name.

Then paint away...

If you really need vertex painting I guess you could unique the points first, do point painting and then promote the point attributes to vertex ones and attribute copy them back to the un-uniqued points.

So I can use any float variable in the attribcreate? And then do I need to plug it into vops to link it to the shader?

You have to write a special shader that contains both shaders you want to blend and then you control the way they mix using a parameter that you override with the one you have painted.

Unfortunately there's no magic attribute to do this, you have to set it all up yourself.

I'm sure if you search these forums you will find examples.

You have to write a special shader that contains both shaders you want to blend and then you control the way they mix using a parameter that you override with the one you have painted.

Thanks alot, that worked great!

post-3410-1209248736_thumb.jpg post-3410-1209248731_thumb.jpg

post-3410-1209261790_thumb.jpg

Edited by bdunaway