particle group to dops

Fomal

Hi,

I'm working on a simulation that uses video to shatter a grid of particles. That system works and I have my particles bouncing of the grid the moment something happens within the video source. What I would like to have is that the group of particles that collide (gave them a red color) get into dops so they react nicely and bounce in the right manner.

I used the POP Object to get it into dops but this takes the entire grid of particles instead of just the group that needs to be affected. Is there a way to specify in dops to only affect a specified group of particles? In sop level I was able to delete the particles that aren't being affected but this doesn't work for the popsolver since it needs an actual popnet. (but middle mousing on the delete sop gives me the information that there is indeed a particle network)

I have a testvideo so you can see what I try to achieve but with the addition of dops. http://distortedeformations.blogspot.com/2...s-promised.html

Obviously the particles that need to get into dops are the ones blown away...

edit: found a workaround but am still importing the entire grid in dops. For speed purposes it would be better to just use selected group, so the question remains hehe.

cheers Coen

Edited by Fomal