Excluding objects from RBD fractured object

wick3dParticle

Hello All,

I am fairly new to Houdini, and pretty new to RBDs.

I would like to create an effect where I have a ceiling collapse in. I have a setup where a non-renderable sphere is flying through the grid. I have gravity affecting the overall simulation. What I would like to do is filter out some of the objects in the RBD fractured object from the influence of the gravity if they are not colliding directly with the sphere.

Similar to how I would filter them out with Groups in Sops.

I am attaching my wip file for you all to take a look at and possibly point me in the right direction.

I appreciate the help,

Ilan

ceiling.hipnc

Thanks for the reply Alvin. Deleting the geometry worked. I also tried the RBD glue, but it seems to sim the deleted geometry as well...It is working correctly with the RBD fractured object though. I am just wondering if that is the only way to exclude geo from specific forces in a sim, or is there a way to filter out certain groups within dops?

Thanks again!

Ilan

If you only want to exclude specific forces from a particular object, look at the object mask on the force.

By default it should be set to * (i.e. all objects above), you can do stuff like

* ^rbdobject1

so that everything except rbdobject1 has that force.

HTHs!

GW

Edited by GallenWolf