CUBE to cube

3dFrosty

Hi DOP People...

I'm currently trying to create a system which involves multiple rdb breakups..

Basically I want to break a large cube up into smaller cubes (on collision), which then on further collision breaks up into smaller cubes.. Probably three collisions is what I'm looking for but I have no idea how to get the new cubes (the ones from the initial collision) into smaller cubes..

Can anyone help, or give me some pointers.. I'd be really greatful..

Thanks

Ben F.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've headed down the long road of DOP's (a completely new area for me)..

So far I've managed to animated colour at SOP level via a switch, which will eventually influenced by either impulse or number of collisions.. I've referenced the colour value and created an attribute at sop level called "break" which is then called upon in DOP's.

But the problem at the moment is how I can takes these colour values and use them in DOP's to define what each block is glued to...

I need to work out a way of getting the blocks to only stick to other blocks with the same colour...

I've been searching for the right, expression, operation, syntax to take the colour/break value and only allow the blocks to stick to others having the same value as them.

I've attempted an 'if' statement along the lines of.. taking in the break value of an objid and then if it is not equal (whats the symbol for that by the way, != or <>)to the other objid's then set the glue strength to 0. If the colours do match set the strength to -1.

I think I've explained it ok.. I JUST need the different colours to be assigned -1 glue strength but not stick to blocks with a different colour value.. I may have some grouping issues to I feel...

I'm not to sure sure how to set up a loop which checks through all the objid's to match values.. I think it's along these lines..

I've attached the file.. i've tried to clean it up a bit, but you'll find a few lost node to ignore. In the blocks geometry I've tried two ways of grouping, one primitive and one point.. It should be set to take the point based grouping via the relative switches.

I'm really not loving DOP's.. POP's are soo much kinder.. any help would be gratefully received..

Thanks

Ben

arc_anicolour_10.hip