Deform guide hair curve with lowres simulated curve

Hi,

I actually posted this in another posting earlier today but I do not think I was very clear about the real issue. I want to do a wire simulation on a lowres curve and then wirecapture another curve that I have modeled into a nice curl to be used as a guide hair for the fur sop using the simulated one. The wire capture works fine when viewing the copysop of the guides, but once you turn the fur node on the hair is not following along with the guides very well. I am posting a simplified file so that people can troubleshoot. Remember, if you do not turn on the fur node, you will not be able to see the real issue.

Thanks!

simplewireCaptureFile.hip

Hi all,

I did some more testing, Instead of using wirecapture to deform my guide hairs I tried using the intended curlcurve to do the simulation. What I discovered is that my fur node still does not act the way it should, and gives me similar results to what I was getting by trying to wirecapture the curl on to a lower Res curve. I am posting an updated file.

SimulatedGuideCurl01.hip

Edited by uen