geometry based particle emission with copy sop

Fomal

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the copy sop with pop networks.

I'm trying to use a piece of geometry to emit particles, and copy this over a number of times with some stamped attributes for random offsets etc. These particles then get copied to the geometry for a sort of dissolve effect.

The problem i'm facing is that the point numbers seem to rotate once the particles are emitted. Next to that the primitive numbers aren't the same as the point numbers, which means that it uses the wrong face for the breakup. (particles run left to right while the breakup occurs top to bottom)

I also tried the for each loop for the copied groups. Same problem. Hopefully there's an easy solution, any help would be appreciated!

I attached a file so you can see what's going on..

Cheers Coen

part_prob.hipnc

After some testing I came to a set up using the copy and for each sop.

I created some primitive groups using the copy sop and within the for each loop I select the group to emit from.

The number of iterations is the number of primitive groups, with the foreach number stamped to the group name.

The point numbers seem to stabilize but I get some weird glitches that causes the point numbers to jump. Also, 1 of the copies starts behaving weird. No idea why.

So uploaded a new file with a simple test set-up. If anyone could take a look that would be nice.

Cheers Coen

In the end, all i'm trying to do is use primitive groups for particle emission but with individual control over every group. (directon for breakup etc.). But the groups seem to mess up the particle point numbers. So they don't match the primitive numbers anymore.

part_prob3.hipnc

Edited by Fomal

After a good night sleep I think I found the solution, using both methods and 2 for each loops.

Now I finally have control over the primitives within a group and the order of groups as well. I attached a hip file with a test scene. In there you can control in what order primitive groups get dissolved and how every group get's broken up. In this case I use a picture to sort the primitives of a group by color and use a random sort to select it. Might sound a bit confusing but when you see it working it might sound a bit more appropriate.

I attached the used image as well. Load it into the file sop in the cop network.

If anyone has any suggestions to speed things up or do it in another way just let me know.

part_prob_s.hipnc

post-3248-1214680171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fomal