stop particles to follow

Fomal

Hi

I'm trying to let some geometry act as a loose target for particles. At the moment I'm using two groups. One group is attracted to the geometry and the second one follows the first one with some random offsets.

I'd like to set the 'follow' particle free the moment the 'leader' is about to reach it's target, giving it a new set of instructions or just continue on it's path. but i can't figure out how... Is there any way that I can stop the follow on a per particle basis? At the moment they just stop the moment the leading particles reach their target.

Hope anyone can help, or has a better approach...

I posted a hip with my current scene if anyone would like to take a loot at it

Cheers Coen

follow_attract.hip

I've been trying all night but no luck. Managed to get particles attracted to different groups but it's not perfect. Maybe someone has some tips?

I simply want to move particles towards an attractor, so that the loosely come up with the shape but never stop moving upwards. Like a cloud, you see something but can't place it straight away. Getting particles to swing off (disperse) with a nice motion and forming in various ways is already working. Now i need them to keep on moving..

So far i traced an image, scattered some points and used that as my attractor. In the popnet I use a particle group to form and an other to chase the forming particles.

any help, or just a tip on what attributes I might be able to use,, is appreciated.

Cheers Coen

Edited by Fomal