Close control over Fluid Particles?

Evil Minion

Hello everybody,

I just started with Houdini, so I'm still quite confused about a couple of things. Here is my first big problem.

Fluid particles are squirted from a standard emitter against a wall. I'd like to have some control over the impact, i.e. change the angle at which they bounce off the wall so the fluid spreads out evenly over the wall instead of splashing around. Now I already figured out several ways to do that with particles, for example changing the Gain Normal in a Collision POP, killing the particles on impact and generating new ones with Split POP and so on. So I created a fluid particle network via the shelf and thought I could exercise some control over the particles in the externalpopnet that's created with it. But only very few things I do in externalpopnet have any impact on the fluid particles. In the attached file I added a collision node which doesn't seem to do anything.

The interesting questions would be:

1) Why does this setup not work?

2) Is it actually possible and advisable to influence fluid particles in this way?

3) If not, how else could I do this? I couldn't find anything like the collision and group controls of particles for dynamic objects, so it doesn't seem to be possible to have this kind of control over a fluid on the level of the DOP network.

As I said I'm new to this, so it might be some very obvious mistake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

fluidCollision.hipnc