Polishing/troubleshooting my tool

Netvudu

hey netvudu,

well your first problem is related to the wiredeformer. i think it gives limited amount of control for what you're trying to do, but maybe i don't know all the possible ways of tweaking it. the popping is from the deformation.

i tried with a lattice deformer and it works somewhat better, as in it gives smooth motion, but it requires a fairly high resolution lattice and you have to tweak radius vs. resolution.

i copied a grid along the deformed and undeformed lines to use as a lattice inputs

your two other problems are related to the lsystem. maybe for smoother angles just use smaller angles, other than that you need to go deeper and tweak the expressions and the way angles are set up in there.

the strange directions comes from one of the branches growing downwards, and then when it's scaled/squeezed by the deformation the visual impact of that gets amplified.

i attached a file with the lattice stuff, just a different idea

MonkeyBranch_Aearon.hipnc

hey there, let's have those beers on wednesday if you can, but more via e-mail :)

that's cool if i could give you some more input!

for the stretchy look, yeah i also noticed that. i put an xform node before the grid that is copied for the deformed lattice, which you can just scale it up and down to tweak the look. but not sure if you can get the same as with the wire deformer.