Rendermanager Alfred

hi,

i'm a newby in houdini.... sorry for this stupid questions here ... but i have to ask ....

so ... i'm trying to render a houdini setup via alfred. i get my sequence out ... huh...(btw ... how do i get 4 paddings or better how do i search in the help for this kind of stuff?????). but also for every frame a hip-file (with a strange name!) and a ALF-file! and all my jobs stick with errors in my render queue.

my output error log is

hython "/TEST_HOUDINI/rndr/isE65w.hip" "/opt/hfs9.5.170/houdini/soho/AlfredRun.py"

launch failed: No such file or directory

command guts:

Commands:

#1 local Cmd

[Error]: hython "/TEST_HOUDINI/rndr/isE65w.hip" "/opt/hfs9.5.170/houdini/soho/AlfredRun.py"

[msg]: render /out 1 /TEST_HOUDINI/rndr/

[note]: creates new subtasks

[keys]:

[tags]: intensive

[hosts]:

[start]: Thu Oct 16 17:07:52 2008

[end]: Thu Oct 16 17:07:52 2008

[exit rc]: 2

Clean-up:

(none)

i could not find infos about the alfred node in the help!!!!!?!??!?!?!

about my fancy script. a light, a camera,some obj and a ropnet which has a rib node (render target prman 13.5, display to a location with $F.tif (padding???), display device tiff .... ) this rib goes to a alfNode which has in OutputDriver /out and disk file $HOUDINI_TEMP_DIR/render.alf ... thats it!

when i put render in the alfNode (range 1 to 5) i get in my alfred 5 jobs with 6 jobs per node ... the first 5 once have the error from above .. the last one this massege of the command guts:

Commands:

#1 local Cmd

[Done]: Iterate 'frame' from 1 to 5 by 1

[keys]:

[tags]:

[hosts]:

[start]: Thu Oct 16 17:07:52 2008

[end]: Thu Oct 16 17:07:53 2008

[exit rc]: -1

Clean-up:

(none)

edit01: i put in my .bashrc this line export HOUDINI_DEFAULT_RIB_RENDERER=prman13.5

i use

houdini 9.5.170

ubunto

alfred 7.01

prman 13.5

i really appreciate your help.

p.s. i just use my computer to render .. what would be the way to use the rander farm ... install houdini in every node??? or use the rib node and render the ribs??? how you guys do that??? thanks for any help!

Edited by ADMINISMO