some basic fluid questions

keltuzar

I have been exploring houdini fluid solver and I have been trying to relate what I learned from maya's solver thinking the same things apply to the houdini fluidBox. The control that comes with houdini's solver is very granular and I am hoping someone here might know the answers to the following questions:

1. when we convert a geometry and bring it into dop land, I find myself using the static object node. In the Physical tab I only see temperature and if I increase it, I can control the amount of temperature emitted into the box. So my question is how does one emit only density or fuel or any user defined data that is declared in the solver object node into the fluid box AND how does one control the emission rate of that data.

2. when I create a new vector/scalar data or any data that is inside a fluid object, I find myself copying and pasting the dimensions and resolution variables using the copy/paste as expression feature. Is there a simple way to automatically do it for me?

3. in the fluid solver object there are all these gas nodes that go through some advection using the vel data. But what the merge node doesn't tell me is the flow of data through them. Is there a way to find out which order the nodes are bring executed in the merge? I know houdini knows it... but I want houdini to tell me her secret.

Thanks folks, I hope someone here knows the answers to this awesome yet still mystifying Houdini gas fluid box.

Edited by keltuzar