Pump particle Fluid

Nerox

In terms of advance particle fluid shaping:

Is it possible to create a forcefield using a SOP object (Like a tunnel) to force particle fluid to follow a certain path or shape? Just a pump object for particle fluid like there is for 'normal' Fluid could be an option.

A good example is the ocean current in finding nemo. I'm not willing to create an ocean current but it more about having the maximum control over a particle fluid due to heavily art-direction.

I've tried serveral options using forcefield/forcemask/SOP object, but couldn't get any result.

Any hints?

Haven't tried but how about copying several point forces to your curve or to your sop object ?

Can you give me an example of how this works, I do understand the principle but I don't know we're to start.

Edited by Nerox

I haven't noticed that only gravity force could affect the fluid object... So my previous post was wrong, because the gravity force is only a directional force, you can't set is origin.... This still remain possible to do in pop, that's not a real answer to your question but here is a scene where particles are following a curve... Firstable i created the curve, adding normals ( vector position between current point and next point) in order to the normal of the current point pointing to the next point. Then at the pop level i created several fan force to each curve point, using the points' normals as direction.... This not really efficient and need more tweaks but that's a good start....

ParticleFollowCurve.hip

Edited by Div

Also check out the pop solver in combination with particle fluids. The easiest thing to do is probably to check out the Pop flow example which you can find under the particle fluid solver help page. One nice thing is that you can pretty easily create a pop vop to add some forces.

Also check out the pop solver in combination with particle fluids. The easiest thing to do is probably to check out the Pop flow example which you can find under the particle fluid solver help page. One nice thing is that you can pretty easily create a pop vop to add some forces.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Hope I'll figure out how this works, the applydata and renderparamater a like stuff is new to me but this is a good place to start.

Tnx.

• 2 weeks later...

The example file in the help is pretty good and I think I figured out how it works. I ran in to one issue, I've tried to add an emitter and a ground plain.

For what ever reason the particles seem to react very strange, when they collide with the ground plain they bounce like creazy.

One would say the bounce is way to high, so I zeroed out the bounce on the fluid object and the ground plain but it seems to have no effect at all.

Hope you guy's can have a look at it, appreciate it.

FollowCurveTest.hipnc

Yup, I think I know exactly what this is (after having run into it myself on many occasions).

In the Pop solver, turn off Handle Collisions under the Collisions tab. That should do the trick.

Sounds logical, I'll give it a shot tonight.