realflow plugins

borisb2

First post - hello to all..

I'd like to try out houdini in combination with realflow-particles (import RF-particles in houdini to do the meshing there).

Did I miss something or is it really close to impossible to find a RF-plugin for the 9.5 version ??? That can't be true ... you can get RF/Plugins for almost any 3d-app

Thanks for any help / link

Boris

Glad it worked for you :)

You could certainly try the "particle fluid surface" Sop, which you would apply on some points coming in from realflow.

it gives alot of control, ie resolution, filtering, velocity stretching etc

you can also peak and smooth your surface after the fact

:)

one last question..

Could you lead me in the right direction: do I have to create particles in houdini and control their location through some import-node with the particle-sequence from RF or do I have to import the particle-sequence directly ?

It's hard to find the right node in the network-editor...

Thanks again,

Boris

seems like I am getting closer to the problem why it isn't working so far..

When checking "dsoinfo -s" in the textport I can see that the realflow-dlls are loaded correctly. But I have no "RealFlow Import/Export"-node available in the node-network (when hitting TAB)

So what is wrong?? Is it still the wrong version ? I am using Houdini 9.5.230 and downloaded "Houdini.RealFlow_H9.5_vc7_v1.0.93.tar.gz"

It would be great if someone could just lead me in the right direction. I don't need to get step by step instructions, just a hint if to start with Houdini-particles, direct import from realflow, dop-network etc... This get's REALLLY time-consuming if you don't know where to start.

The only succes so far I got was after creating some particles in houdini and trying to connect the first popnet-input with a rf-import (in Digital Assets) I got an "RealFlow import exeption error" .. at least it said, "hey I'm there"

Thanks for ANY help

Edited by borisb2

Guest xionmark
When checking "dsoinfo -s" in the textport I can see that the realflow-dlls are loaded correctly. But I have no "RealFlow Import/Export"-node available in the node-network (when hitting TAB)

So what is wrong?? Is it still the wrong version ? I am using Houdini 9.5.230 and downloaded "Houdini.RealFlow_H9.5_vc7_v1.0.93.tar.gz"

It would be great if someone could just lead me in the right direction. I don't need to get step by step instructions, just a hint if to start with Houdini-particles, direct import from realflow, dop-network etc... This get's REALLLY time-consuming if you don't know where to start.

The only succes so far I got was after creating some particles in houdini and trying to connect the first popnet-input with a rf-import (in Digital Assets) I got an "RealFlow import exeption error" .. at least it said, "hey I'm there"

Thanks for ANY help

Hello,

If the DSO is loaded and shows up with dsoinfo, it's in there, ready to use. You have to be in SOP context to use it, and thus it will not be appearing in the OP menu when you hit TAB if you're elsewhere. When the plugin imports the RF particles, it creates new geometry, no need for additional particle systems unless you'd like to add them together, use each for influence, etc.

I've attached a demo file.

Mark