a few more questions about ifds

Ok so, I've been writing a tool that takes an existing node from object level and archives it for a specific frame range to a shot folder based on web services. Everything's working except I'm not too sure if my ifds are being written correctly.

The assets chosen get plugged into a mantra archive, and paths are specified for Geometry / Mat Files. Each asset also creates a CHAN network to pull in data for its bounding box per frame. The chan files are written using a post render script in python. A new shopnet is created and inside a mantra: delayed load geometry shader is created. The chan data is hooked in to the IFD Bounds parameters(it doesn't exist until everything is exported), and paths to bgeos and ifds are linked into the file and material archive parameters respectively. A new node is created on the obj level for each asset, and the geo shader is plugged into the procedural shader parameter under the geometry tab in the render folder.

Is it possible to send an ifd to mantra rather than a hip file? If so, what exactly should I see in my ifd? I'm thinking there needs to be a reference to the material file of the object, as well as bgeos. In addition, wouldn't the ifd need to be included in another ifd with say, camera info, light info, and render settings :blink: ?

This is an example of what one of my ifds looks like for a character I'm exporting.

# IFD created by Houdini Version: 9.5.170
# Generation Time: Feb 04, 2009 at 23:56:44
#	 Render Defs: /opt/hfs9.5.170/houdini/soho/IFDmantra9.5.py
#		HIP File: /.mounts/isilon/data/entertainment/17135_firebreather/cg/sequences/sq9000/sh0060/fx/wip/testPipeTool/outputTests.hip, $T=5.45833, $FPS=24
#   Output driver: /obj/export_network/scene_archive
ray_version VEX9.5.170

setenv HIP = "/.mounts/isilon/data/entertainment/17135_firebreather/cg/sequences/sq9000/sh0060/fx/wip/testPipeTool"
# Save materials for /obj/DUNCAN/OUT at time 5.45833
# Corresponding geometry file: /data/entertainment/17135_firebreather/cg/sequences/sq9000/sh0060/cache/houdini/bgeo/DUNCAN.0132.bgeo
# SOP /obj/DUNCAN/OUT
ray_property object displacebound 0

I'm getting confused by what should and should not exist in an ifd because I'm used to mi archives. Any info, tips are appreciated!