trix with trace tool

Hello

I trying to create some thing. We need to simulate some liquids inside animated object. For example men cyclewalk. So animator create planar object, with hand animation of vertex and then import it to realflow(Of course i stay with particle fluids in houdini). Just look at the picture. But I sad that in houdini could be done this easy way(ok I bet with my all maya colleague that could be done with max little expression and thats all, no extreme mel scripts hehe). So I need only edges. Animator take some normal character, with normal rigg. Animate it, then render with constant material, so black and white. I import image sequence into houdini, trace sop, fine resample curve, duplicate with transform and then skin it. And there is little problem. at the end of the test ewerithing is exactly how it should be, but I create animation where object come together so curve merge together atc (I need to be prepare for any example :ph34r: ), so there is flipping normal atc. I add point sop but not good at all. Is there something like loft in maya? just two same curve lofted together. Thanks a lot for your ideas.

post-4005-1237729442_thumb.jpg

mozna_pivo.zip

Edited by blackchicken

Not sure if this is what you want, but here is what I did with your file:

I have two skin nodes. One that skips every third primitive and the other skips every second primitive. The skin node that has every second one skip has clean topography for every frame from 1-40 except 18 and 19. The skin node that has every third primitive skip has the topography clean at frame 18 and 19. Using a file node to write out bgeo files, I wrote out the frames using the skin node that skips every second. Using the skin node that has every third primitive skipped, I overwrote frame 18 and 19 so now I have clean geometry for all 40 frames. Here is the file. Hopefully I was clear.

HTH

update.tar.gz

heheeee perfect work

Yes thats exactly what I need. Little bit hurt that must change skin in some frames but it is perfect. some frames will be owerriten with another number. Much more better then study half year melscript hihn. Thanks a lot wolf, tomorov Ill show them power of houdini. By the way, just joke, hihi small sabotage from my colleague when I was ill last month, see the picture my Win background.... :rolleyes:

post-4005-1237747133_thumb.jpg

yes it is funny, every day, morning at work I switch on my monitor and I see this picture, day is much more beatiful hihi, czech republic is not yet ready for Houdini, we are happy that we have some maya killers but nothing extra. few people. But I see in houdini big future, architecture is ready for complicated self living systems, (I was waiting for thic soft since I was born hih), which is for me in 21 century what viewers at the cinemas needs and looking forward to. Could born a lot of comics movies, terminators, transformers without any limitations. God stay with sideFX and hold autodesk far far away. So you sad that you render some fluids, particle fluids or some big detailed nuclear explosion or cool underwater implosion effect :blink: good luck with and show us something ;) thanks again for help....

I'm trying to do a flood scene with volume fluid. I'm getting some good results and with very fast simulation times. I'm at a point where I just need a little better control on slowing and stopping it. Not ready to show anything but I'm pretty happy with what I can do with Houdini so far.

cheers