Billowysmoke texture not sticking on metaball volume

baadu

hi guys

I have instanced metaball on particles and applied billowy smoke shader..then rendering metabll as volume. When rendering the texture seems to be stuck and does not move with the metaball volume ,,it seems to slide on the surface.

I read a post earlier where they have mentioned creating 3 attribute create with the follwing :-

The attributes you create will be:

Type: String

Class: Primitive

Name: "name" (no quotes)

String: "rest.x" or "rest.y" or "rest.z"

So the name of the attribute is litterally "name" and its *value* is the string version of the component as it would be written in VEX: like rest.x, or Cd.r or vel.z, etc.

I cant seem to make it work if I have metaball voulume .I have attached the file , can someone make it work please.

cheers,

Amit

metaballvolumeparticle.hip

Well i fixed the problem but now my metaball wont inherit the alpha from the particles. I pass on the alpha values to the smokedensity attribute to control the opacity. It works fine without the whole isooffset setup to rest the texture from sliding but the moment I bring this setup in ..the smoke has not trasparency from popnet. any fixes? I've uploaded the file can somebody have a look .

thanks

Amit

hi guys

I have instanced metaball on particles and applied billowy smoke shader..then rendering metabll as volume. When rendering the texture seems to be stuck and does not move with the metaball volume ,,it seems to slide on the surface.

I read a post earlier where they have mentioned creating 3 attribute create with the follwing :-

The attributes you create will be:

Type: String

Class: Primitive

Name: "name" (no quotes)

String: "rest.x" or "rest.y" or "rest.z"

So the name of the attribute is litterally "name" and its *value* is the string version of the component as it would be written in VEX: like rest.x, or Cd.r or vel.z, etc.

I cant seem to make it work if I have metaball voulume .I have attached the file , can someone make it work please.

cheers,

Amit

metaballvolumeparticle.hip