particles as points with transparency

Is it possible to render particles as points with transparency ?

So far, when adding the Color-POP to the particles my particles are getting the Cd and alpha-attribute but the alpha is not being recognized in rendering. Is there a workflow to also render transparency? Do I have to attach a special shader to the particle-object ?

Thanks

Is it possible to render particles as points with transparency ?

So far, when adding the Color-POP to the particles my particles are getting the Cd and alpha-attribute but the alpha is not being recognized in rendering. Is there a workflow to also render transparency? Do I have to attach a special shader to the particle-object ?

Thanks

you can use pic function and call called any animated imagessequence from copnet like this (pic("/copnet1/imageout", $BBX, $BBZ, DA) somthing like this, in point sop add alpha, before feeding that geo to popnetwork and emit particle based on that.

Cheers,

Junaid

The materials in the palette did not always have the "Use Point Alpha" toggle on them. This is something that was fixed a little more than a month ago. If you are using an older build of Houdini and do not have this option available by default on the clay material, you may want to download a more recent build.

maybe that was the problem.. I built another material using VEX_layered surface and that worked fine with alpha

(finished that project http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showtopic=8978 )

I will look again at the clay-material

Thanks for your help!

Edited by borisb2