what is the way to wirte probability expression

Hi all , I need some idea about how to write a probability expression, what expression function is related ?

for example:

$TX is between 1 - 20;

rand($TX) ;

90% of rand($TX) is greater than 15 ;

10% of rand($TX) is smaller than 15 ;

anyone have any idea ?

cheers !

Hi all , I need some idea about how to write a probability expression, what expression function is related ?

for example:

$TX is between 1 - 20;

rand($TX) ;

90% of rand($TX) is greater than 15 ;

10% of rand($TX) is smaller than 15 ;

anyone have any idea ?

cheers !

if(fit($TX,1,20,0,1)<0.9,gt15,lt15)

Where gt15 represents the "greater than 15" result (with 90% probability) and lt15 represents the "less than 15" result (with 10% probability)... assuming $TX is uniformly distributed in [1,20].

Except then you said rand($T) which makes the 1<=$TX<=20 domain not applicable since rand($TX) is in [0,1] (with presumably uniform distribution). So in that case, you'd simply have:

if(rand($TX)&lt;0.9,gt15,lt15)

I don't know the context, but I imagine you're looking for the second expression above, and the 1<=$TX<=20 constraint is just a red herring, but maybe not; hard to tell.

HTH.

if(fit($TX,1,20,0,1)&lt;0.9,gt15,lt15)

Where gt15 represents the "greater than 15" result (with 90% probability) and lt15 represents the "less than 15" result (with 10% probability)... assuming $TX is uniformly distributed in [1,20].

Except then you said rand($T) which makes the 1<=$TX<=20 domain not applicable since rand($TX) is in [0,1] (with presumably uniform distribution). So in that case, you'd simply have:

if(rand($TX)&lt;0.9,gt15,lt15)

I don't know the context, but I imagine you're looking for the second expression above, and the 1<=$TX<=20 constraint is just a red herring, but maybe not; hard to tell.

HTH.

ooooo!!!! thanks very very very much , i will try it out and see !!!! you're genius!

cheers!