Some help with Houdini Apprentice installation?

Hello,

I am new to the Houdini thing but would realy like to try it out. So I downloaded Houdini Apprentice 6.

But strange things happen.

First of all I am working on a brand new and clean installation of Irix 6.5.17m on my Octane.

The first error appears at the end of the installation, about being unable to connect to the license server.

Then when I have done the 'source houdini_setup' thing, I start hkey.

A dialog appears that tells me that it is trying to connect. This takes ages.

After a while it tells me it finds a license server with version 4 and that this is way too old for Houdini 6. But I just installed the server that came with Houdini 6 and have installed no other.

The license management screen tells me I am not allowed to install licenses on/from this machine (the license server is on the same system).

I try to start Houdini anyway. It takes an age, but after while the splash screen appears, which disappears after like 30 seconds, and *poof* that

s it. I noticed that the line "Server shutdown started" has appeared in the terminal. And meanwhile a popup telling me there was a connection error with the license server has appeared a few times.

I don't get what's causing these errors.

Could anyone help me out on this one?