Pyro FX, Caching and so on...

Akabane

Hi there, i'm doing some simple stuff with Pyro FX.

I created a cube, used the break tool to break it up and then glue rbd on it, solved the sim.

Then i created a pyro fx "billowy smoke" with the creation frame on when the object collides, and i did a simulation @ 150 for the low res and one @ 300 for the upres.

Then i went into the low and up res nodes and "rendered" the cache, and activated "Load from disk".

They are really huge files, but it's ok. If i go then into another frame of the sim, it simulates the pyro AGAIN, and takes a crapload of time to do it. I also tried to disconnect the pyrogroup in the dopnet but of course the cached sim won't show up, since it's connected with the dopnet.

I reconnected it again, same story. Even if i try to use the lowres or if i use the upres sim, it takes loads of time to simulate again, it says it's cooking the dopnet relative to the fluid.

What can i do? It took a good amount of time to simulate the fluid at 300, and i don't want to do it again XD

Is there some way, some steps i've missed in doing all this stuff?

Thanks

Really thanks for the display flags thing. But as for the dopimport flag, i cannot turn that off because i have a breaking obj sim, and if i turn the dopimport off it will not simulate anymore. Can i also cache that type of data, so i can turn that flag off? Thanks for the help