Quick question regarding magnet forces and PyroFX

mightcouldb1

Hi there, I've build a CHOP network to spew out PyroFx smoke when a RBD object hits to make a dust cloud. How would I direct the fluid to go in an outward motion but still keep it floating along my ground plane? I am trying to use a magnet force, but I feel like I'm not shutting off a parameter in the pyro network because my fluid keeps spewing up and outward. If there is a better solution, please let me know! Thanks!

Edited by mightcouldb1

smoke rises because of these:

buoyancy

temperature

velocity (initial velocities, external forces like a fan, reversed gravity, etc)

If it isn't the first two you are adding upwards forces intentionally or unintentionally.

If it is unintentional check out your velocity through the vector field viz and find the culprit

If it is intentional then add a downward external force or lessen the upwards force.

If it is neither of these I clearly do not understand the problem :)

Awesome, It works now... Except... It looks kind of lame. Can someone help me pimp it out a bit? I'd really like something that looks like this:

http://brandonriza.com/3DVisualEffects/HTML/WarHammer2--FXBuild--Sc003--S0001.5.htm

I'm not too familiar with using fluids. I have watched the Into to fluids tutorials, but they mainly focus on the and controlling the various attributes and the shader and not so much the flow of the fluid.

Here is my file if you want to take a look at my network:

testDust.hip