rbd spring constraint with many objects

MENOZ

I'm asking for something that is not possible to do?

I try to explain better:

I use a Dop fracure object, so I have my objects in the scene. I want, for exaple, that each of those object being spring-constrained to some points, so when I add the gravity every object remains attached to his spring and swing around..

how can I do that?

:huh:

I'm asking for something that is not possible to do?

I try to explain better:

I use a Dop fracure object, so I have my objects in the scene. I want, for exaple, that each of those object being spring-constrained to some points, so when I add the gravity every object remains attached to his spring and swing around..

how can I do that?

:huh:

I put an example that does something similar here. That example has some trickiness to assume you need to have DOPs calculate the center of mass of each object before you apply the constraints. If that's not the case (i.e. the center of mass and the centroid are the same) this gets easier as you can use the centroid expression on the geometry itself. Let me know if that's still unclear.

• 7 months later...

I put an example that does something similar here. That example has some trickiness to assume you need to have DOPs calculate the center of mass of each object before you apply the constraints. If that's not the case (i.e. the center of mass and the centroid are the same) this gets easier as you can use the centroid expression on the geometry itself. Let me know if that's still unclear.

Can we connect springs between the RBD object's verts in Houdini? If yes, no need for a pivot.

Edited by lemond