python listing primitive groups

nahee

Hi,

What python command would I need to list primitive groups in a node?

There seem to be a lot of associated python methods/classes

but all have "unimplemented" flagged, is this at all possible yet?

If not, does there exist a hscript way of doing this?

Thanks

There is no current HOM support for groups so you are unfortunately relegated to using hscript expressions to access this information. However, some time ago I wrote some wrapper classes and functions to add basic read-only support for accessing groups of primitives and points. There is a thread about it somewhere. Here is the latest version which also has some support for DOP group access.

grouputils.tar.gz

Edited by graham

Propably this link is what you are looking for.

EDIT: Ups, Graham was faster. Anyway, link connects to SideFX forum where he gives exactly the same answer.

Edited by SWANN

There is no current HOM support for groups so you are unfortunately relegated to using hscript expressions to access this information. However, some time ago I wrote some wrapper classes and functions to add basic read-only support for accessing groups of primitives and points. There is a thread about it somewhere. Here is the latest version which also has some support for DOP group access.

Nice hack, instead of me resorting to hou.hscriptExpression() I'll let your script do it :)

Works like a charm.

Thanks