Generating clouds with pyro tools?

mightcouldb1

Hello everyone,

I've been generating some clouds the i3d way and am not particularly happy with the results. It seems like a difficult method to visualize/control unless you've done it quite a bit. This is sort of what I'm going for.

How do I achieve a similar result in terms of the rolling and shape? It seems as though he is using a higher cooling rate and some vorticles/vortex confinement?

Is it also possible to explain the differences between using vortex confinement and vorticles(besides the visualization of points)?

In the end, I am assuming that I would key frame the smoke rate and just cache out a single frame once I'm happy with it?

Well, here is what I have so far.

emitCloud.mov

I added some vorticles, but I'm not getting the fluffiness that I want for clouds. I was thinking of exporting the last frame, and doing a bunch of subframe caching then play it back at regular speed to make it look like a rolling cloud. Anyone have any idea how to make a puffy cloud using this method? Mine is a little too fine/wispy.