Particle rotation Copy SOP

Nubnubs

Hey all,

Sure this is quite a basic thing to do but for the love of all things good and wholesome I can't seem to think today.

I have a particle shot setup and I'm using a copy sop to put geometry onto the points. Is there a way to drive the rotation of the geometry from the particles, say the velocity?

I want to make the Geometry look as if it's tumbling a bit...

Nubs

Edit : Also, if anyone knows, in the docs the curl noise apparent;y has a source group connection however in houdini it does not?

Edited by Nubnubs

not sure this is the BEST way to do it, but this is a setup I came up with a while ago.. can't remember where I got the component ideas from (sorry if this is somebody else's base scene, I can't remember)..

-ranxx

particleRot.hip

Hey all,

Sure this is quite a basic thing to do but for the love of all things good and wholesome I can't seem to think today.

I have a particle shot setup and I'm using a copy sop to put geometry onto the points. Is there a way to drive the rotation of the geometry from the particles, say the velocity?

I want to make the Geometry look as if it's tumbling a bit...

Nubs

Edit : Also, if anyone knows, in the docs the curl noise apparent;y has a source group connection however in houdini it does not?

Awesome, thanks for your help. I like the way it's working with my scene. Gives a really nice look to tumbling leaves...

Thanks

not sure this is the BEST way to do it, but this is a setup I came up with a while ago.. can't remember where I got the component ideas from (sorry if this is somebody else's base scene, I can't remember)..

-ranxx

particleRot.hip