rbd objects not colliding

marQiemarQ

I'm having issues with collisions in the DOP network. I have a wire object, an rbd object, a static rbd object, and a groundplane in my scene. However, the two dynamic objects are not being affected by the groundplane and the static geometry. I even tried grouping the objects and using an Affector DOP to force the collision relationships. No matter what, my rbd objects keep passing right through the static objects that they're supposed to collide with.

Does anybody know what the problem may be?

Hydrant_Collide.hipnc

I'm having issues with collisions in the DOP network. I have a wire object, an rbd object, a static rbd object, and a groundplane in my scene. However, the two dynamic objects are not being affected by the groundplane and the static geometry. I even tried grouping the objects and using an Affector DOP to force the collision relationships. No matter what, my rbd objects keep passing right through the static objects that they're supposed to collide with.

First off, nice models! I like the chain.

Your collisions are working: disable the wire completely and you'll see the cap bounces off the ground plane. The problem is your WireGlueConstraint from the wire to the cap is set up wrong. You're constraining the cap (big heavy RBD object) to the wire (light wire object), whereas you really want it the other way around: the wire should be constrained to the cap. So just reverse your constrained object and goal object in wireglueconstraint2.

Edited by johner

First off, nice models! I like the chain.

Your collisions are working: disable the wire completely and you'll see the cap bounces off the ground plane. The problem is your WireGlueConstraint from the wire to the cap is set up wrong. You're constraining the cap (big heavy RBD object) to the wire (light wire object), whereas you really want it the other way around: the wire should be constrained to the cap. So just reverse your constrained object and goal object in wireglueconstraint2.

Thanks for your feedback...reversing the constrained object and goal object works perfectly!