VEX: #pragma disable

Magnus Pettersson

Hello!

Im new in VEX but i have written my tool now but in the UI i want to disable a parameter "globalRadius" when a string attribute "radiusAttr" is not empty. So when radiusAttr has something written into it, it should be greyed out, how do i write this?... I just did a test vop and looked at its vex code and i got this code:

#pragma disable globalRadius radiusAttr != ""

but when i write it in my vex node otl it does not work, the attribute is disabled all the time instead! How do i do this?

.. oh while im at it, on a side note, when defining arrays i must zero them out first like: float myArray[] = {0,0,0,0,0} or else i get wierd results.. but how do i zero out an array that has varying length? do i need to loop it with a foreach to make a initialized zeroed array or is there something i missed? :D

thanks for your help

/Magnus

Hey Magnus, do something like:

#pragma disable globalRadius radiusAttr "none"

As for your array question, where are you declaring your arrays?

-Rick

Hey Rick! when i declare it like that i will only disable globalRadius when radiusAttr is "none".. or whatever i now set the string as, and like that i have got it to work before. but in my case i want it to be disabled when its NOT none .. or NOT "" ie when its not a empty string it should be disabled, and when its empty string it should be enabled :) its how i declare the NOT that i have problem with the != sign that i can write in the normal vop "disable when" ... and that i actually got as vex code when i right clicked a test vop i made and looked at the code generated, but it does not work when i write it in my vex node or other test nodes i made so maybe its just special for vop? i thought it should be an easy thing to do compared to the actual tool but now its finished and what im struggling with is these small formality things ;P

About the Array, Im not at work now so I cant check but im 99% sure i declare the array in the main function, i use it to store all the distance from all points in a pointcloud and when im not zeroing the array out i get trash values, i remember reading in the VEX manual something about it too, but it does not say how to fully zero out an array.. right now i just have it hardcoded with alot of zeroes in the { } brackets, not so elegant solution hehe!

/Magnus