Houdini to Realflow mesh .bin files

tmdag

Guest xionmark

Didn't have any time last week but got most of it done yesterday, should have a version to test later today.

Question: This is intended to help move mesh files to XSI, Max, Maya, etc. not back to Real Flow, correct?

--Mark

Guest xionmark

I just discovered the SOP_RF_Export_writeRFParticleFile.C source file didn't make it into the git repository yesterday, it's there now, please download the updated source package. My apologies.

--Mark

• 3 months later...
Guest xionmark

You will need to compile it for Windows. I don't do Windows so I can't help out but anyone with Visual Studio should be able to compile it just fine using hcustom.

Have you tried using Next Limit's plugins?

--Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest xionmark

Yes, you can write real flow mesh or particle .bin files. It's just a SOP, connect it to your GEO you want to export, set the parameters, that's pretty much it. Make sure you have the attributes on the geo you need in RF.

--Debra

• Like 1

thanks for the reply, however i have been tinkering with this for a while and i cant get anything to shake. i assume its because im an idiot. however, i am in 12.5 NC and it gives me a looooonnngg list of load warnings upon opening the hip file i downloaded (presuming, again with the great possibility of me being an idiot, its the right one: "Houdini.RealFlow_v2.0.1_H12.1.33.tar.gz")... i really have no clue what im doing. lol thanks for your time.