problems installing / running realflow plugins for houdini 10.0.xx

moomarkus

I'm having problems installing / running realflow plugins for houdini 10.0.xx on linux 64.

The error I'm getting is :

(executing hscript)

========== start output =============

lrn29015 build/qube> /opt/hfs10.0.595/bin/hscript

18529: Fatal error: Floating point exception (sent by pid -2107435281)

Error: signal handler called recursively.

=========== end output ================

My system setup is :

Linux lrn29015 2.6.16.21-0.25-smp #1 SMP Tue Sep 19 07:26:15 UTC 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Running : 10.0.595 linux 64 bit version:

./hscript-bin: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.0, stripped

realflow plugin : linux-64 bit downloaded from portal nextlimit (for version 10.0.734) This should be ok.. right? For 10.0.595.

I'm including the dso via: setting HOUDINI_DSO_PATH to the location of the installed dso's for realflow.

******* With out out the realflow DSO's, hscript (and all other h*stuff) will run normally.

Anyways that's my question.. Hope someone can help.

Markus

My understanding is binary plugins are compiled per version of Houdini. So if the plugin is compiled for 10.0.734, then that's the version you need to use it with. Though the issue might be something else entirely? If you don't get a more specific answer here then I'd suggest the official Next Limit forums or their support email.

My understanding is binary plugins are compiled per version of Houdini. So if the plugin is compiled for 10.0.734, then that's the version you need to use it with. Though the issue might be something else entirely? If you don't get a more specific answer here then I'd suggest the official Next Limit forums or their support email.

Yes and No. Only if they've changed memory management or the API between versions. I would think that the difference is a minor release change and likely should still work, but running it with the older version will quickly tell you if it's a version issue causing the error.

So I've received from realflow plugins for my current version of houdini 10.0.595 linux 64 bit and installed it:

I've extracted the dso's to my linux environment: /n/repo/deployment/GridTools/test/mng/dolphintale_m2010-mng/houdini/dso_10.0.595/linux

set my environment:

========================

HOUDINI_DSO_PATH=/home/qube/houdini10.0/dso:/n/repo/deployment/GridTools/test/mng/dolphintale_m2010-mng/houdini/dso_10.0.595/linux:/opt/hfs10.0.595/houdini/dso

========================

The 'config', 'toolbar', 'help' directories are extracted to : /n/repo/deployment/GridTools/test/mng/dolphintale_m2010-mng/houdini

And I've set:

========================

HOUDINI_PATH=/home/qube/houdini10.0:/n/repo/deployment/GridTools/test/mng/dolphintale_m2010-mng/houdini:/opt/hfs10.0.595/houdini:/opt/hfs10.0.595/bin

==========================

And I still get this error:

===========================================

lrn26082 hfs10.0.595/bin> ./hscript

17074: Fatal error: Floating point exception (sent by pid 1151923951)

Error: signal handler called recursively.

lrn26082 hfs10.0.595/bin>

==============================================

Any ideas? I have houdini 10.0.595 with the realflow 10.0.595 plugins installed.. On windows, it runs fine. On linux it will not execute.

When I remove the realflow so's from the directory, Houdini will launch with no complaints.

I was just thinking whether there any specific requirements outside of houdini's installation like libraries or system .so that the realflow plugins require?

Thanks!

Markus

Btw: I hate how long NextLimit replies to their emails... it's like 1 day per email.