Can I access to object attributes like CEX, SIZEX in VEX?

magneto

I am trying to make a VOP SOP using the graph editor but I am not sure if I am able to access these attributes correctly.

I added a Get Attribute operator and set Signature to "Float Attribute", Attribute to "CEX", Attribute Class to "Detail".

Am I doing it wrong or am I not allowed to access these variables?

Edited by magneto

Thanks guys.

@Macha, what do you mean by N, V?

@3dbeing, that might be a good solution.

@hopbin, yes always trying to squeeze in some Houdini time :)

I use this page for reference where CEX and SIZEX exists:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.0/nodes/sop/standardvariables

So they are just variables not attributes?

Thanks.

Edited by magneto

Make a parameter and ensure it's visible, also a Vector type. Then step up one level and you should see it as a new parameter for the VOP SOP. Now set an expression using $CEX in X, $CEY in Y and $CEZ in Z.

I can't get that to work either, this is the first time i've heard of local variables being availible in vop fields. So i'd love to see a working version....

Thanks hopbin, that should do it. But is there also a way to access these variables inside VOP SOP? Because ideally I would like them to be inside the VOP SOP, and always set to those values.

I imagine I could also do this in the parameter options dialog and make it invisible.

For this case, I will use the bbox VOP but I still want to know in case I want to access some other attributes later on.

EDIT: lol guys, I am glad you haven't encountered this before, and I agree on the sleep :D

Edited by magneto