Need help with render script

tallkien

Hey All,

I'm pretty lousy at coding so please excuse, but I'm trying to create a simple render script much like the third example in the Scripting pdf

My problem is I'm trying to create an outfile in the format "outfile.$F4.ext" which works fine except the frame numbers don't update each frame.

I get outfile.0001.pic but subsequent frames just overwrite the first image. I could use fcur and get the frame number but how do I pad it then?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

did you try it without the period? i.e. "outfile$F4.ext"

haven't tested to see if that's it or not (i would think it should be fine with the period tho), but you could try that.

if it works without the period. render it like that and if you really wanted the period in there, you could insert it with a mass file renamer. i suggest Albert Bertilsson's Renamer. It's is definately a nice prog...

http://www.albert.nu/common.asp?sub=progra...enamer/main.htm

other attempt i would try is "outfile.`$F4`.ext" since most scripts are put in ticks.

hope something works like that. when i get a moment, ill test them out as well.

dave

edward pointed me to the existing hrender script and it works just fine for what i need. I'm able to supply outFile in any format I want :- outfile_\$F3.foo, outfile.\$F4.foo, etc

my file's source is here , If you do spot something please do let me know

I have two procs on my machine so I thought why not keep the other busy while I work. Although Apprentice allows two parallel sessions I wanted to avoid the overhead of the second gui

Thanks