CHOPS to a channel

betty

i'm setting up a CHOP network and i am trying to have more than one possible CHOP layout running into one channel - for eg; various configurations all running into ty.

i'm guessing the blendCHOP is what is needed for this, so i can smoothly have all animation data flow into ty or am i wrong here.

i have been trying for a while now but getting nowhere with it, also the demo and documentation isn't getting through to me.

if somebody can let me know if this is possible.

thanks for all the replies....

great info.

well i'm slowly making my way through CHOPS as i'm learning character setup and animation the houdini way. and i must say that i'm blown away from all the potential that i see. never really looked at CHOPS for character stuff before. I was freaked out by CHOPS originally when Ben Simons was showing all this stuff he was doing with it for scientific visualisation purposes - really amazing stuff. anyway, now it's starting to make sense to me as a character tool, and yeah it makes me feel real silly when i was questioning how useful this was compared to the Animation Mixer and Trax....

.....why is houdini so amazing and hardly anybody is interested???

entering rant mode

Betty, I think that we, the users really don't know what we want. After all we are not software engineers. It's the companies with high marketing power that tell us what's the next big thing in the world is. Even worse, it forces many companies to copy each other's methods.

In the end one believes that anything that doesn't look like a video editing program can't be used for mixing, that the only way to generate animation is keyframing, that YOU NEED a special dialog window to transfer motion from one character to another... I could go on about the many things we accept as rules just because of marketing.

rant mode off :)

btw, maybe that's why so many artists who haven't touched a computer pick up so well using houdini. They don't have "bad habits".