GL 3.3 Problems

up4

Hi all,

I'm on Windows 8.1 and NVIDIA 344.48 with 2x GeForce GTX 780 in SLI.

Until now, I have been using GL 2.1 because GL 3.3 broke my viewport. But now, I realize that GL 2.1 will crash Houdini upon using the Biped Auto Rig shelf tool. So I'm motivated to make GL 3.3 work on my machine now. Does anyone know NVIDIA drivers or Houdini settings that work with a similar setup?

Thanks!

Vincent 

So I (with 340.52), restored all defaults on all tabs in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Selected GL 3.3 in Houdini. And now it works!

I tried to put 344.48 back and it crashed again.

Re-installed 340.52 and it re-worked.

There is a problem with 344.48.

Thanks!

There was a fix to H13.0.570 that works around some GLSL compiler problems that were introduced in the Nvidia 344 series drivers. If you're using an older Houdini version, you can either grab a newer daily build of Houdini, or downgrade your Nvidia drivers (as you've done).

• Like 1

Thanks for this! I spotted the entry in the Update Logs. It's been a super emotional ride, this thing. So I will wait for it to make it to production build status. And do some production until then. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...