Error in the ActiveValue Sop : RBD passive object

Denver

Hi everyone 

Couples days ago, I started the same tutorial and ran into the same problem so I read the comments on the discussion section of the tutorial and the comments in this blog. I follow the suggestion to solve the same problem but now I’m having this problem.

When I append the assemble(setup_packed_prims) node the dopimport1 stop working and give that warning.

If I bypass the assemble node everything looks to work.

Any suggestion how to fix this???

Warning No Dop object names copia.JPG

Warning No Dop object names 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You probably are setting it up incorrectly. 

You have to be simming with rbdpackedobject as your simming method in dops for assemble to work. You can watch the houdini bullet masterclass for help. Use the shelf tools with rbdfracturedobject shelf tool to get started. If you want it active over time then lay down a sop solver in dops and do the attribute transfer of color in there. After the color is transferred then lay down a point wrangle and say i@active = @Cd.b; 

active has to be an integer for it to work. It can't be a float. That's what the i is for. Also don't ever use point sops they are slow. Color node is fine though. Only use vex from here on. Group nodes are slow too. Only time you need to use group node is for super accurate inside geometry grouping.  Use vex by saying in attrib wrangle "if(@Cd.b > .1) { @group_name_of_group_goes_here = 1 }". 

active value changing over time.hipnc