Error in the ActiveValue Sop : RBD passive object

Denver

Hello everyone, i'm new to Houdini so forgive me if it's a stupid question.

I'am following a tutorial to "control your fracture in houdini", and everything is good until, he use a certain method to make passive some blocks.

The method seems quite simple, attach a point to each piece with a foreach and a centroid expression, transfert a Color attribute from an old geometry to the new one to have some black points where he wants passive blocks.
after that, he use an ActiveValue sop, and put a point expression in the activation channel, and everything seems to works for him.

But when I try that expression  : point("../../HEAD_BASE/PASSIVE",$OBJ,"Cd",0)     :

I have that error  : Unable to evaluate expression (Bad data type for function or operation (/obj/AutoDopNetwork/activevalue1/active))

I did some research, and apparently i'am not the only one with that error, but i didnt find any solution yet, If someone have an idea to help me, or another solution to makes some blocks of your fractured object passive.

Have a nice day.

fracturing_setup.hip

But when I try that expression  : point("../../HEAD_BASE/PASSIVE",$OBJ,"Cd",0)     :

I have that error  : Unable to evaluate expression (Bad data type for function or operation (/obj/AutoDopNetwork/activevalue1/active))

Use $OBJID instead........

oh realy ? could you send me the file you use ? i should have miss something, because it's not working for me.

Yes it's my  file i have the geo file, but i cant upload it on the forum, may be i can send it to you by mail ? 

Edited by Denver

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same issue. I am doing this tutorial: http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?pid=1091#overviewand I am stuck at lesson 9.

I am working on H15 and the activevalue node doesn't work as expected.

I saw this problem on a lot of forums but no solution.

As anyone got any update on this?

Thanks,

Yannick

if you see my file again, inside the sop solver you will find the attribute transfer.

Note that you must specify what attribute to transfer, in your case there are no attribute specified so this transfer is doing nothing.

Geometry spreadsheet, it's all there

Edited by cgcris

Hi Christobal,

Thanks again for helping me.

I look in your file and couldn't find the attribute transfer. You have an attribute create. or are you talking about my file?

How do I create an attribute in the attribute transfer?

Thanks.