How to fix help file errors in H13 and H14?

magneto

Hi,

Sometimes when I am browsing the help inside Houdini, I get this text printed to Houdini console:

Exception happened during processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 62960)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.13\python27\lib\site-packages\paste\httpserver.py", line 1062, in process_request_in_thread
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.13\python27\lib\SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.13\python27\lib\SocketServer.py", line 651, in __init__
    self.finish()
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.13\python27\lib\SocketServer.py", line 710, in finish
    self.wfile.close()
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.13\python27\lib\socket.py", line 279, in close
    self.flush()
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.13\python27\lib\socket.py", line 303, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Anyone knows how to fix this because it's so annoying :(

Thanks.

Thanks I have a firewall but I did allow Houdini when Windows asked for it. I asked support but it didn't help unfortunately.

The new browser is the same. I didn't restrict Houdini from the internet or anything.

Is this intermittent or all the time? Are there any particular help pages that consistently cause it?

Same problem here in Mac Osx very very very slow ...

What is the specific issue? Speed isn't mentioned before

Edited by tar

I hear the scrolling is fixed once the daily builds kick in.

You can set the help browser to external with HOUDINI_EXTERNAL_HELP_BROWSER to 1. That should make it full speed.

Is this intermittent or all the time? Are there any particular help pages that consistently cause it?

It is intermittent. So not particular pages. It's like you open the help go to a page, it happens and the console opens, you close it, visit a few more pages, it opens up again.

I googled the errors before but didn't help. I didn't really change in windows to cause this so I am lost.

Those OP errors started happening on OsX too, but since Houdini was launched from the terminal they were written only there.

No window popped up to distract - it would be good to try launching Houdini from the command line tools and see if it fixes the popping up window.