hiding primitive group from rendering

Hello,

How to hide a primitive group from rendering? I have a character utlizing auto rig, I use the same rig for naked and clothed version of my character, and want to select parts of the body I don't want to render (obscured by clothes), because I expect and already see some parts of body see-through my clothes. Just look at attached renders and you'll know what I mean:

Thanks in advance,

Artur

PS. Please check out my sites at the footer, I am looking for freelance work.

---

Artur Mandas

2D/3D Artist & Developer
       www: http://arturmandas.wordpress.com
   horizon: http://horizonthemovie.wordpress.com
    mobile: +48 694087492

post-9991-0-26964500-1423685497_thumb.jp

post-9991-0-02247400-1423685499_thumb.jp

Edited by enquel

I've found this:

vm_geometrygroup / object:geometrygroup = ('') 

which means setting a group string to empty at mantra property paramater, but this disables rendering of the whole object - I mean no matter what primitive group I set, like

vm_geometrygroup / object:geometrygroup = ('group1') 

it doesn't see it, and just stops rendering the whole object. Anyone?

try to select the faces of your geometry that you want to remove, press Ctrl-I to invert your selection, create a group and name it. go to mantra node and edit the parameter interface, in rendering tab, filter "vm_geometrygroup" add to existing parameters and apply it, then put the group name in the string.

easiest way is to make groups of the hidden geometry and delete it

Thank you, but I have to keep the number and order of vertices intact - I want my blend shapes to work properly.

try to select the faces of your geometry that you want to remove, press Ctrl-I to invert your selection, create a group and name it. go to mantra node and edit the parameter interface, in rendering tab, filter "vm_geometrygroup" add to existing parameters and apply it, then put the group name in the string.

Thank you, I did that, and as I wrote, it just stopped displaying the entire object (regardless the name of the group in the input string). Maybe I put that parameter in the wrong place, but I tried applying it to my geometry both at object and group node level.

"vm_geometrygroup" , working for primitive groups (H 13.0.478).

Deleting option should also work if you are rendering in houdini. Delete the unwanted group after deformation before rendering. 

Edited by sadhu

"vm_geometrygroup" , working for primitive groups (H 13.0.478).

Deleting option should also work if you are rendering in houdini. Delete the unwanted group after deformation before rendering. 

I have H 13.0.547. I am sorry, but I do not understand what you were trying to convey. Could you be more clear?