Writing/reading a detail array from a point VEX

Hello!

I`m trying to write to a detail attribute which is an array of ints. Here`s what I do:

I create the attribute using attribCreate and set an integer of size 10 named myArray and i get this in the spreadsheet:

post-13044-0-32917400-1428909408_thumb.j

Then in my VEX, I am only able to write to the first entry using the function below:

setdetailattrib(geoself(), 'myArray', 8, 'set');

I tried many syntaxes:

'myArray[2]', 'myArray2', '@myArray[2]' but nothing seems to work.

Also found this post which seems to explain how to do it in H14 using setattribtypeinfo() but we are stuck with H13 for now.

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=172640&sid=e43b886abc29f89722b567acb0e54efa

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Array attributes only got introduced in H14. What you're actually creating is a "tuple attribute" with many components that have to be the same for all geometry elements, whereas an "array attribute" is 1 component of a variable sized array that can differ between each geometry element. In VEX, when you set say a matrix4 value, that actually writes out to a tuple attribute of size 16 (= 4 * 4). I don't think you can use VEX to set attributes with arbitrary number of components. If you need 10, then the hacky way is to use a matrix4, or marshal into a string attribute.

• Like 1