Time Groups

Dezra

Hi everyone.

I was exploring the channel editor and I came upon time groups. It seemed interesting enough for some further investigation but information in the documentation is sparse and vague .There are descriptions of how to create ,manipulate , remove ,etc time groups but I can't find a definition of the term. Any info on this?

Thanks & cheers.

Hi Dezra,

In my words, Time Group is an alternative to the Dope Sheet, which was implemented only from Houdini 4.0. It allows you to quickly shift a group of time marks or keys quickly without having to reselect them constantly in the Channel Editor.

I hope the above helps.

Cheers!

steven

You can have keyframes on channels from entirely different objects at different times all be tied to a Time Group (!). e.g. In a walk-cycle, you can have a foot and the arm swing be tied to the same group and so retiming your cycle could be easier.... theoretically.

You can have keyframes on channels from entirely different objects at different times all be tied to a Time Group (!).  e.g. In a walk-cycle, you can have a foot and the arm swing be tied to the same group and so retiming your cycle could be easier.... theoretically.

14491[/snapback]

Hi

That sounds very nice. It seems a good way of bundling keys together for a pose(snapshot) editor ... :unsure: