Glued geo moving apart once deleted - No forces?

Hi Guys, 

Wondering if someone could help me out here. 

Say I have a standard box fractured (packed) with Voronoi and I sim that with no forces in play, as expected the pieces stay together and are perfectly aligned, no impacts, no moving away - GREAT! 

When I glue them in the same situation, then delete the constraints either in sops (animated) or with a sop solver connected to the constraint network, impacts are detected and start moving the pieces apart, Grrr. Not sure why this happens, there's nothing that has changed. 

Test file attached. Any help would be GREAT! icon_smile.gif

glue.hipnc

yea, nothing is happening deleting the glue..it stays still as it should...

I tried in H13.0.665 and H14.0.368

Ok so when I play the file I attached, after frame 15 impacts show up in the geo spreadsheet then pieces start to move apart. How on earth is this not happening for you! ...So frustrating :P

I tested on H14.0.355

In both case, deleted_animated or delete_static, when the constraints are removed the pieces spread out. It's much subtle in the case of static though.

By turning on the "Use Parallel constraint solver" toggle on the bullet solver, both simulation remains still for me

Edited by iamyog

I tested on H14.0.355

In both case, deleted_animated or delete_static, when the constraints are removed the pieces spread out. It's much subtle in the case of static though.

By turning on the "Use Parallel constraint solver" toggle on the bullet solver, both simulation remains still for me

Awesome, glad you were seeing the same thing as I was, Phew! I'm also seeing the pieces staying in place now thanks to "Use Parallel" and NO impacts are detected which is what I expected to begin with. Thanks so much! :)

Nope...you can even see on my screen

Hey Diego, it's bizarre that Anthony (above) and myself are getting this behavior but you're not, his suggestion is definitely working by the look of it. Still not quite the behavior I expected without "Use Parallel constraint solver" turned on.

BTW if you're ever speaking to Craig Tonks, say Hi for me ;)

Edited by bwatts

Yea, not sure...Craig is in London, I'm in Vancouver

Thanks for your help Diego, the more pieces I have fractured, things start screwing up even with "Parallel Cons" turned on.

I'll continue to try & figure this out.