AutoDop Fracture and DOP Import Problems

Atom

Hi All,

I was looking through one of the fracturing examples that comes with Houdini 15. It is the one where a magnetic pulse is used to fracture a RBD object on-the-fly. This is nice because it preserves the original look of the fracture object all the way up to the time of impact.

post-12295-0-27669400-1452177550_thumb.j

However, there is a flaw. The DOP Import is looking for `dopobjscreatedby("/obj/AutoDopNetwork/building_object")`. This object only exists up till the fracture occurs, then the Voronoi Fracture Control node takes over and creates a series of pieces and removes the original object. This DOP Import does not know this so the object just disappears from the scene. I want to write my sim out to bgeo files but I don't know how to construct a DOP Import reference for all the pieces? I tried `dopobjscreatedby("/obj/AutoDopNetwork/pieces*")` but that did not work. I assume I can merge two DOP Imports together but I don't know how to reference all the pieces. The fracturing is creating more pieces over time so I don't always know the count.

Also the fracture solver itself seems to carry an error that I can not resolve. The fracture still seems to work though?

post-12295-0-34259000-1452177556_thumb.j

ap_tube_magnet_fracture_1d.hipnc

Edited by Atom