By The Lake.

Andz

Nice work Andz! :)

A tiny crit: IMHO, the black levels of the foreground elements don't seem to match the amount of light in the environment -- i.e: there seems to be too much sky light to justify those deep blacks. Ditto for the saturation of the areas with direct illumination. ... Time of day? pre-dawn?, moon out?...

Very pretty though. Love the mood. Keep it up! :)

Thank you all for the C&Cs.

arctor - Thanks for the link, actualy there are a lot of valuable stuff in that site.

Mario Marengo - Maybe I did get a little carried away with the levels on the final rendering. I'll double check that on the .PSD file at home where I did all the post. I haven't done any tutorials on houdini's compositing yet.

Rock on!

Jason - Is there another way to fake translucency on thin object? Most of my plants leafs are 2D, either a closed spline or a deformed grid.

There a thin surface shader on odforce ( i assume it still works with the latest Houdni ) it allows light to travel through thin surface so you can get nice backlight effects without the overhead and complexity of setting up SSS.

There a thin surface shader on odforce

17731[/snapback]

Thanks sibarrick, I actualy downloaded it last week. But could not find out how to use it :blush: So I'm watching now SESI videos on OTL, etc. To learn how to handle these "foreign" tools.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...keep the posting coming

18492[/snapback]

Thank's aracid unfortunately I've been studiyng a lot of chemistry and biology because I will be trying to get into university. So, I haven't had much free time to play with hodini after work. :blink: