crowd agents self collision

Hi,

In a crowd simulation, I enable agents "Avoidance" (i.e. crowdsolver -> Avoidance Pane -> check "Enable Avoidance Force"). Enabling "Avoidance" should prevent agents from passing through each other. I also have POP Steer Wander force. 

My question: When I enable "Avoidance", I get couple problems (plz, see attached):

>agents still pass through each other (collision spheres shown in blue are actually interesting)

>agents have a tendency to form clumps/clusters (numbers in image indicate how many agents in a cluster)

>agents tend to move to the edges of the mesh (well, not really important, after all I will have more goals to control where agents should go)

Note: I see there are other POP Steer behaviors like "Avoid", "Separate" that I could add to Agents, but before I do that, my question is: Are these behaviors/results I experienced normal OR I am doing something wrong?

Thanks...

crowds_avoidance.png

Edited by catchyid

• 4 months later...

Heyup mate sadly I can't help with your question.. I myself have a crowd setup with an object passing thru them knocking them to ragdoll. I'd like to be able to get them to collide with one another too. No idea tho. Hopefully someone can chip in.

There are a fair few tutorials online I've been thru loads of em but so much stuff talks about using the shelf characters rigs vs using my own.  There seems to be a chunk load more work goes in to make that work on even a basic level.