VEX Wrangle Attribute ptnum hidden

radurock

Hey,

Probably stupid question but I'm trying to filter my impact data based on some attributes it has on it.

for example i run this in a point wrangle

if(@otherobjid == 0)
    {
    removepoint(0,@ptnum);
    }

The erorr i get is "Attribute is hiding global ptnum" . Any particular reason why it's doing that?

Thanks

Radu

Seems like some kind of context lock.

Maybe try grouping them instead and then follow up the wrangle with a delete node on the group?

if (i@otherobjid == 0){
	@group_pointsToRemove = 1;
}

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

From the top of my head since I can't check right now but from what I recall, the attribute ptnum is returned by the impact Dop Import Records, it conflicts with the global @ptnum attribute we are used to type in a wrangle.
Mid click the impact Dop Import to double check but you should see ptnum in the list. I reckon renaming it before your point wrangle should be enough to make it work. There's a more elegant way to keep everything as it is but I can't remember it right now.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 9/5/2016 at 2:13 AM, iamyog said:

From the top of my head since I can't check right now but from what I recall, the attribute ptnum is returned by the impact Dop Import Records, it conflicts with the global @ptnum attribute we are used to type in a wrangle.
Mid click the impact Dop Import to double check but you should see ptnum in the list. I reckon renaming it before your point wrangle should be enough to make it work. There's a more elegant way to keep everything as it is but I can't remember it right now.

THIS - WOW ! thank you for replying with this, because it was driving me nutz trying to figure out what was so bad about that simple expression.