cmd render commands

mohamaedkamal

The "Command Line Tools" terminal is setup so the bin directory for the Houdini install is added to the path. If you're not using that terminal you have to give the full executable path in the command. So instead of just using "mantra" you'd use something like this that includes the full path.

"C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 15.5.565\bin\mantra.exe" -f "D:\prjects\archives\shot01_0004.ifd"

If you want to be able to type just "mantra" in any terminal and have it work you could add the bin directory for a specific Houdini version to the path. It's a bit goofy in Windows.

http://www.howtogeek.com/118594/how-to-edit-your-system-path-for-easy-command-line-access/

Edited by lukeiamyourfather
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lukeiamyourfather said:

The "Command Line Tools" terminal is setup so the bin directory for the Houdini install is added to the path. If you're not using that terminal you have to give the full executable path in the command. So instead of just using "mantra" you'd use something like this that includes the full path.

"C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 15.5.565\bin\mantra.exe" -f "D:\prjects\archives\shot01_0004.ifd"

If you want to be able to type just "mantra" in any terminal and have it work you could add the bin directory for a specific Houdini version to the path. It's a bit goofy in Windows.

http://www.howtogeek.com/118594/how-to-edit-your-system-path-for-easy-command-line-access/

thankx very much I want to ask you " I want to build a ios app to mange like a render schedule how I can acess to the render  schedule throught command line

On ٩‏/٩‏/٢٠١٦ at 0:33 AM, lukeiamyourfather said:

Like a queue manager? That's an entirely different can of worms that will take a significant amount of time to create. I suggest starting by looking at how other queue managers work.

I want to build a ios app for me  like a queue manager , can I acess to queue manager from command line or not  ,